In December 2015, I decided to go for (in my eyes) the big chop. My hair had been growing unhealthily for about 3/4 years prior to this. My ends were so bad, they wouldn’t even straighten properly when I would attempt to straighten my hair.
So as the new year was fast approaching, I decided that I would chop off all my broken ends, which happened to be half of my hair!!
I promised myself that I would look after my hair, and treat it often. And you can now see the result for yourself, with a short timeline of my hair growth.
And here is my 14 Month Update 😀
How I took/take care of my hair:
- Spritz my hair with water, oil it and style. Instead of brushing it out whilst dry and ripping my hair out.
- Not using heat on my hair often. I only straightened my hair a handful of times throughout the 14 months, and I very rarely use a hair dryer to dry my hair.
- Brushing my hair in the shower, whilst in conditioner.
- ALWAYS ALWAYS oiling my hair after it’s been washed.
- Not washing my hair too often.
- Deep conditioning my hair every couple of months.
I hope this has been helpful, Here is the Youtube Link to my video of how I look after my hair!
Let me know about your hair journeys, and what you found did or didn’t help!
FOLLOW ME ON: